Radar Certification and Repair
Important Information Regarding your Radar Services!
Parr Public Safety Equipment is pleased to announce our newest service, In-House Laser and Radar Servicing, Testing & Repairs!
These new services are a continuation of service from OCL (Ohio Calibration Labs) located in Columbus, Ohio. OCL discontinued operations September 30, 2021 after 10+ years of supporting law enforcement radar and laser equipment. Parr Public Safety Equipment has obtained the test equipment and certified radar repair technician and is now certified by Stalker, LTI and other major radar manufacturing companies to repair, certify and maintain your radar equipment.
We are here to help you keep your radar units accurate and court acceptable by offering several convenient options to best serve you! Use our Website Link to schedule an appointment today.
- Mobile Option: Our factory trained certified technician comes to your site and performs comprehensive certification without the need to remove any part of your radar unit from the vehicle or experiencing out of service time! (10 unit minimum for mobile option)
- Drive-In Service: Visit one of our 3 locations throughout Ohio for Fast Drive-In certification while you wait. (Laser certification is only available in our Columbus location)
- In-House Option: Comprehensive certification at our facility. 48-hour turnaround time once your radars are received!
- Ship it to us
- Drop it off
- Schedule an appointment and wait while we certify
- In-House Repair: Our factory certified repair services will provide a fast and affordable repair on your Radar and Lidar equipment. An estimate will be provided prior to repair. (Repair services are only available at our Columbus facility, but equipment can be dropped off at our other shops for your convenience)
Police Radar Accuracy
Our system is NIST traceable and meets radar manufacturers recommended standards, including performing the vital center frequency test. Performing a Center Frequency Test is the ONLY way to guarantee that a radar is displaying correct speed results.
Our radar certification is a series of diagnostic testing performed by our factory trained certified technician, which will verify that the unit is functioning in accordance with the equipment manufacturer’s specifications. Our equipment will work with any radar brand or model, including all hand-held and dash mounted units.
Numerous state and local governments require police departments to perform periodic, comprehensive certifications of radar. This certification guarantees equipment’s accuracy and court acceptance when cases involving speeding violations are presented.